Our Purchase Template allows you to set up a page for constituents to purchase items (physical or virtual), event purchases including the ability to set up e-tickets as well as accept Donations. This article will walk you through the set up of a new page.
Set Up New Event
Once logged into your account, select the Events Tab and choose Set up New Event and then select Purchase Items and select Next
Copying a Previous Template
If you are looking to copy a previous Purchase Page choose I want to create a copy of an existing Event and choose the template in your account you want to copy. You will then have the option to copy all of the settings - however if you only want to copy some of them choose No, I want to specify which settings to copy and you can choose which parts you want to copy. To deselect a section, just uncheck the appropriate box and click next to complete your event set up.
Creating a New Template
If you are creating a new template you will walk through a few screens for set up to establish your settings
1. Choose what languages you will build this in - English only or French as well. Make your selection here. If you choose to enable English and French pages you will need to make sure to update both languages for content, creative, emails, etc.
2. You will then set your Event Summary Details. Be sure to fill out all mandatory fields marked with a red *. These are all required fields. These can be changed in the future if you need to change them.
4. You will then be taken to add at least one item to your shopping options.
- Choose your item type from the drop down - general merchandise or e-card
- Add an Item Name and Display Name
- input your export id which will appear in your reporting
- Add the item price - you can make it a $0 item, just be sure to check the box that says "This is a free item"
- If the item can be tax receipted in full or in part, add that amount in (you can partially receipt an item)
- Add in a description for your constituents
- Establish the QTY available
- Add a maximum QTY per order
- Upload an image if you would like - follow the recommended image size
- Add a Fulfillment Emall address if you would like an admin to be notified of a purchase being made, and select "Add Another Email" if you want additional recipients
- You can also add more items here if you like by selecting "Add Another Item" but you can also do it once your event is set up.
4. You will then be taken to a screen to input your Sender Name and Reply to Email address for your email set up. This is how your constituents will receive emails from you.
5. You will then be asked some more questions specific to the donations of your event set up.
(Detailed description below image)
-If you would like to enforce a minimum donation select Yes, however generally this is not something implemented
-If you would like to ask donors if they would like to cover their processing fee, select yes and enter in a % or a $ amount. Note: do not input 100% as this will charge the donor 100% of the donation amount. In this section you want to set it to your actual transaction fee rates. Some clients will include the gateway fees as well. It is a best practice to turn this on and we usually see up to 40% of donors opt in to help cover the fees.
NOTE: The donor covers the processing fee will over apply to donations made if this is turned on and opted in - this does not apply to transaction fees for your purchase items
-If you would like to issue tax receipts for your donations select yes and your tax receipt template.
5. You can also upload your header and footer at this time. However if you do not have your creative completed you can skip this step for now and complete it later. However if you do have your creative, simply select the choose file button to upload your images.
6. Before you hit Finish just confirm the details of your event set up. If you are happy with this, click Finish. If you need to go back, select back and make any updates you need to make
7. You will then be taken to the Event Summary once you select Done. This is where you will want to open your event to public access if you would like to see your form as you work on it. If you do not open the event it will show as closed as you work.
Take a look at the next few articles to walk through the rest of the event set up for your new Purchase Page.