When a constituent makes a donation to your organization via Artez, they may choose to make the gift a recurring donation. By selecting this option, the donor is opting to have their credit card charged monthly in the amount that they specify.
Monthly donations will come into GiftWorks Cloud as they are processed by Artez. At the time of the first donation, a constituent profile will be created in GiftWorks Cloud, and that constituent will be labeled as a recurring donor.
How it works:
The donor will navigate to the Artez donation page and select "monthly gift." Then, they will select an amount and fill in their information accordingly.
Please note that in the example below, the recurring monthly gift is being made to a Donation and Tribute Page. Other templates may look slightly different.
The donor's information flows into GiftWorks Cloud.
A constituent record will be created in GiftWorks Cloud. The record will be flagged for review because it was created by Artez.
The contact information and preferences entered at the time of donation will be part of that constituent profile. The donation can be found in the Constituent profile in the Gifts tab. You will also notice that a recurring profile has been set up for the constituent, as well.
From there, you can explore both the payment and the recurring payment profile in GiftWorks Cloud.
The payment page displays the details for the first payment, including:
- Amount received
- Tax deductible amount
- The recurring profile that the payment is associated with
- The campaign, appeal, designation, solicitor, event, and fund information (from the Artez tribute page)
- Payment date and details
- A link to the event summary (if applicable; listed below as HSC_test)
The recurring profile link in Payments will show you information about the recurring profile, including:
- The profile name (i.e. [Constituent Name] Artez Recurring Profile)
- Status (Active or Inactive)
- Start date (and end date, as determined by the preferences set in the Artez payment)
- A list of payments associated with the recurring profile will also be available
(image continued below)