FrontStream is a software platform that works with nonprofit organizations to process donations and create online pages for fundraising campaigns.
There's a charge on your credit card statement because either you or a joint account holder supported a nonprofit organization that has partnered with FrontStream. This could have been any of the below:
- Made a secure online donation to the fundraising page of a family member or friend who is raising money for a nonprofit
- Bid on a charity auction item
- Paid an event registration fee to participate in a nonprofit’s event
- Donated directly to a nonprofit through an online Donation Page
The charge will display on your credit card or bank statement as PGF*ORGANIZATION NAME. For example, if you donated to HopeKids Inc, the description displayed on your statement would display as:
We also sent an email confirming this charge when it was made.
About the confirmation email for this transaction: When you made a donation, bid on a charity item and won, or paid for an event registration fee, we sent you an email to confirm that your charge was processed immediately after the transaction was made.
If you cannot locate that email, be sure to check your junk or spam email folder and any email accounts you may have used to make the transaction. No luck? We’re happy to provide copies of any emails you're missing.
Please feel free to submit a help request here with the following information and we will be happy to give you more information about this charge and or send you another confirmation email.
- Your name/name on card that was charged
- Date of transaction
- Dollar amount
- Last four digits of the card charged