In order to install or reinstall GiftWorks as an Administrator use the following steps:
- Sign into your PC as an Administrator or with an account that has Administrative rights
- Make sure your Database is saved on your desktop or My Documents folder (or somewhere other than the FrontStream Folder for GiftWorks 2015 or the Mission Research Folder for GiftWorks 2014)
- If you do not know where your database file is currently saved, open GiftWorks (but do not sign in). Click on the "Options" link to the right of the Database Name and choose "Show full database location" - this will show you where your database is stored
- Check to see the current version of GiftWorks to make sure you know what version to install on the other computer. Go to Help at the top LEFT corner and choose About GiftWorks a box will appear and show you the version.
- Click on your Start Menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Double Click on Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features)
- Scroll down on the list to find GiftWorks and click on it. Click on Remove/Uninstall.
- If you have Volunteers or Events installed, Scroll up on the list to find GiftWorks Volunteers and click on it. Click on Change, then click Next, then choose Remove and follow the rest of the steps. Scroll up on the list to find GiftWorks Events and click on it. Click on Change, then click Next, then choose Remove and follow the rest of the steps.
- Once the Un-installation is complete:
If you are using Windows XP:
- Open the folder called My Computer
- Double click the C: Drive
- Double Click on Program Files
- Scroll through the folders there and locate the FrontStream folder (GiftWorks 2015) or the Mission Research folder (GiftWorks 2014)
- Right click on the folder and choose/click Delete (You may be asked to confirm the deletion, click Yes or Continue if needed.)
If you are using Windows 7/Windows 8/Vista:
- Open the Folder Called Computer
- Double Click on the Program Files folder (if you are running a 32-bit Operating System version) or Program Files(x86) folder (if you are running a 64-bit Operating System version)
- Scroll down and locate the FrontStream folder (GiftWorks 2015) or the Mission Research folder (GiftWorks 2014). Right click on the folder and choose Delete
Now you are ready to Re-install GiftWorks.
- Go to: http://www.frontstream.com/giftworks/downloads/
- Click on the 'Download' link located under the version of CRM/GiftWorks you purchased
- Then go to the desktop and Right click on the GiftWorks executable file. **See Below**
- Choose "Run as Administrator" and then "Install for Everyone"
- If you also have Volunteers and Events installed, please make sure these options are checked when you go through the GiftWorks installation process.
- GiftWorks will then open. Register your Company information. Click "Options" next to Database Name, then choose "select an existing database" and browse to where you saved the .gds file and Open it. Then Sign In.
**Depending on the version of GiftWorks the executable file will be named as follows**