CyberSource: Simple Order API Security Keys
Generating Transaction Keys
The CyberSource Simple Order API uses public key cryptography to securely exchange information over the Internet. Before you can send requests for CyberSource services using the Simple Order API, you must create a security key for your CyberSource merchant account on the Business Center starting in the year 2020.
To generate a security key:
- Log in to CyberSource's Electronic Business Center (EBC2).
- Choose Payment Configuration (gear icon) > Key Management.
- Click the blue +Generate Key button on the right side of the page.
- Choose Transaction Processing bullet.
- Click NEXT STEP button in lower right.
- Choose Simple Order bullet.
- Click SUBMIT button in lower right.
- Click Download. (If prompted for the JNLP file)
- Click Keep in response to the security warning.
- Open the file. A warning message might appear.
- Click Continue. The application downloads.
- Click Run.
- Click Generate Certificate Request.
- Within the Save dialog box, choose a location to save the <merchantname>.p12 key file.
- Save the file.
- Be sure to use separate locations for the test and production environments.
- Be careful not to overwrite a key in the wrong directory.
- Close the dialog box.
- Click KEY MANAGEMENT link at bottom
- In the Key List, you can sort by the Creation Date
- Take note of the Expiration Date for the Simple Order item; you can enter it into OPPS. (It is probably 2 years.)
The Business Center uses a Java applet to generate security keys. The Java applet requires version 1.6 or later of the Java browser plug-in. If the applet fails to load properly, CyberSource recommends that you install the latest version of your browser and try again.
Uploading Transaction Keys into OPPS
To upload the previously generated security key:
- Log in to Campaign Management (OPPS admin).
- Production Environment:
- Click + in front of Organization node
- Click the Merchant tab (looks like envelope)
- If CyberSource merchant already exists, click View icon on the right of it (looks like envelope). Otherwise, click Add a new merchant account
- Complete fields:
- Merchant type: CyberSource
- Merchant ID: <your merchant id for CyberSource>
- Payment Processor: <your payment processor for CyberSource>
- (Vital, First Data South, FDI Nashville, GPN)
- Expiry Date: (optional) mm/dd/yyyy from CyberSource Step17, above
- Merchant Key: click button and choose your .p12 file from CyberSource Step17, and open.
- Click Save / Update
- Click on the green traffic light in the merchant list in order to change to the red traffic light which will activate it for use
This will not overwrite the previously entered .crt and .pvt files. Those existing files will continue to be useable through the SCMP method until the cut-over date for the Simple Order method, at which time the .p12 keys will be instantly activated for connections to CyberSource. No new .crt nor .pvt files can be uploaded through the Merchant tab in OPPS going forward.