First, you will need to create the locations for your event. This can be done during the initial set up using the Event Setup Wizard or after the initial setup in the Locations tab within your event.
Adding homepage sections and widgets
Step 1: Navigate to the Event Builder tab in the admin console
Step 2: Select the Pages icon followed by the drop-down next to Location. Here you can select if you want to edit the master Location Home Page Template or add specific information and widgets to each location page.
Step 3: Navigate to the Content section and expand the Banner section by clicking on the down arrow.
Here you have the option to add a background image to the event banner. In this section, you can also enable or disable the progress bar (location fundraising thermometer) and choose whether to include unverified (cash and check or pledged) donations in the total amount raised. You can also enable or disable the Donate and Register call-to-action buttons.
Step 1: If you wish to add further content or widgets further down on the page, you can add another section by clicking on Add Section.
Within this section, you can add content sections and other homepage widgets such as the following below. Also, we recommend that you have the Locked checkbox checked when updating the master Location template for most of the sections. This means that all your location pages will have the same widgets and a consistent look. To add location-specific event content (e.g. event start time and event location) add a Text widget and uncheck the Locked checkbox so you can customize the text for each location page.
- Scoreboard – Individuals and Teams: These can include unverified (cash and check or pledged) donations, or only verified donations that have been paid in by credit card. If you enable the Pagination setting, the scoreboard will scroll across multiple pages to display more results.
- Images: Choosing to add a Single Image will add an individual image on the page. You can determine if you would like it to show on half of the page, third of the page, or full page. You can also drag and drop where you want the image to display. The Image Gallery gives you the option to add up to six images in either a grid display or a scrolling carousel.
- Videos: Only one video can be uploaded in each video section, however, you can add multiple videos to the home page by adding a second video content section. The video player works using YouTube or Vimeo URLs.
- Search functionality: By adding a search section on your home page, visitors will have the option to use this widget to search for an individual or team participating in the event right on the event home page. If you enable the Location checkbox, the participant’s or team’s location will show when you enter their name.
- Locations: By adding this section, you can display a name and image for each of your event locations that will allow visitors to click through to your location home pages.
- Donor Listings: Adding the Donor Listing section will display recent donations on the event home page. The widget will display the name of the donor and the amount. Donors who wish to remain anonymous will not be displayed here. You can choose to include unverified (cash and check or pledged) donations here as well. If you enable the Pagination setting, the donor listing will scroll across multiple pages to display more results.
- Sponsors: Using this widget, you can display up to 10 sponsor logos on your page. This includes the name of the sponsor and their logo. You can also add a URL so that when the user clicks on the sponsor image, they will be taken to the sponsor’s website. The title set for these images is for you as the admin only and will not display on your event page.
- Social sharing: Adding the social sharing widget to your event gives visitors to the page the ability to share to Facebook, Twitter and email by clicking on the relevant icons.
- My Event Details: If there is one location for your Event, this widget will display the single locations information. If your Event has multiple locations this widget will list "Multiple Locations" for location information.
- Progress Bar: Add a Progress Bar anywhere in an Event or Location page. If added to an Event Page it will display the Event goal and amount raised. If added to a Location page it will display the Location goal and amount raised.
- CTA Buttons: This widget allows you to place the Register and Donate call-to-action buttons anywhere on your Event and Location pages. Add, edit, or rearrange the content area as desired on your pages.
When adding and editing widgets and content sections, you can determine the size you’d like them to fit on the page by using the page size dropdown.
Quick Tip! You can also edit your content sections and widgets by clicking on the pencil icon next to any of these widgets on the editor right on the page.