You can review or edit any engagement details. To edit any information, just click on the field you want to change. When you’ve made the change, be sure to click the check button next to the fields you’re changing to save your changes. To cancel any changes you’ve made, just click the “X” button next to the field you’re changing.
Some key engagement information includes:
- Manager is the person within your organization who is responsible for managing this engagement.
- Status - Indicates whether this engagement is Active or Inactive.
- Interests provides a way to choose categories where the volunteer has an interest in serving. It may include child care, pet safety, community development, crime prevention, and more.
- Keywords are used to provide words or phrases that “tag” the engagement. These keywords can be used to search for engagements.
- Skills are used to designate what abilities or talents this volunteer can bring or want to bring to their volunteering within your organization.
- Event is a way of relating this job to an event at your organization.
- Type indicates whether or not this is a one-time job, an ongoing job, or a date specific job.
- Times is used to include general times the volunteer is available.
- Board Position indicates whether or not this engagement is a position on your organization’s board of directors.
- Share this position publicly indicates whether or not this engagement should be shared on your public volunteer portal. If checked, anyone at your volunteer portal will be able to see and sign up for this job.
If you have defined custom fields for your Engagements, you will see them listed.
You can define what times this engagement requires by adding Time Slots. Click the Add Timeslot button to define one or more timeslots for this engagement. The Edit button next to a timeslot allows you to edit the timeslow, remove the timeslot, or Assign a Volunteer to this engagement.
The Assigned Volunteers section shows which volunteers have been assigned to this engagement. The View button
Use the Assign Engagement button to assign this volunteer to a job. You can let GiftWorks try to find a suitable job based on a match of skills and availability or you can choose a specific engagement.
After a volunteer has given their time, you can Record Hours for this volunteer. This will keep an ongoing record of their volunteer contribution.