- What is the Donation Page?
- How Can it Be Used?
- How to Create a Donation Page
- Choosing a Template
- Establishing a Theme
- Customizing Your Donation Pages
- Sharing Your Donation Page
- Reporting and Best Practices
- Creating a Donation Button
What is the Donation Page?
This is a branded online donation page that you can add to your organization's website. The design can match the look and feel of your website or be campaign-specific. With the Panorama Donation Page, you can have unlimited donation pages and build each page your way.
How Can it Be Used?
It can be used as a general donation page year-round on your organization's website. The donation page can also be used to raise funds for a specific appeal or campaign. Many organizations use the donation page to raise funds for awareness weeks or months, Giving Tuesday campaigns, or to raise money for one-time appeals. (You can also use our Campaigns project for similar campaigns.)
Through this project type, your donors can make one-time donations or you can invite donors to set up recurring gifts or gifts in memory/honor. Donations through the page are fast and secure and ensure a seamless donation experience for your donors.
How to Create a Donation Page
To begin building and customizing your Donation Page, please sign in to your account.
Once signed in, you'll be directed to your Panorama dashboard.
Step 1: Start by selecting Create Project
Step 2: Select the Create Page button
Step 3: Set your project name, project URL, description, goal, and end date
- Your Project Name can be specific to the initiative you are fundraising for or you can make it more general if you will be using the page to collect general donations year-round.
- The Project URL will automatically default to your Project Name, which you are able to alter if you would like. If for any reason the Project URL you entered is not available this field will be outlined in red indicating that it is unavailable. If there is a green checkmark next to your Project URL this means that your URL is available and you can proceed.
- Your Project Goal and End Date can be changed at any time!
Once you have entered all of the required information select Continue to proceed.
Step 4: You will then receive a pop-up confirming that your Donation Page has been created. Select Continue to choose your Donation Page's Template.
Choosing a Template
There are three different page templates to choose from.
Below you can find examples of each template:
2:1 Two Column
1:2 Two Column
Please make note that you are able to change your page's template at any time.
Establishing a Theme
Now it's time to customize your page and establish a theme!
To customize the look and feel of your Donation Page select the Theme icon located on the left-hand side of your screen. In this area, you are able to customize your page's Text, Background, Header, Footer, Buttons, Form Elements, and your Template layout.
Step 1: Select the drop-down next to Text to edit the font for your page's Headings, Subheadings, and Body Text in addition to the Font Color. You can also customize the color for any Links that you may include in your body text.
It's important that you Save your work after you make any updates to your page!
Step 2: Select the drop-down next to Background to choose a color for your Pages Background and Content Background. You also have the ability to upload a Background Image by selecting the Add Image button.
Below are examples of each:
Donation Page with a colored page background
Donation Page with an image background
Step 3: Select the drop-down next to Header to enable or disable your page's Header, change the Background Color, enable or disable the Share Link, change the font and color for your Share Link, and upload your organization's Logo.
Your Header will display at the top of your Donation Page like the image below:
Step 4: Select the drop-down next to Footer to customize the Background Color and Text Color of your Footer.
Your Footer will display at the bottom of your Donation Page like the image below:
Step 5: Select the drop-down next to Button to edit your Button Font, Text Color, and Background Color. You can also customize how your button reacts when you hover over it. For example, you can choose whether the button text and background color brighten or darken when you hover over it.
You can also choose from three different Button Corners:
Step 6: By selecting the drop-down next to Form Elements you will be able to further customize your Form Elements.
You are able to choose your Selected State Color and Selected State Font.
There are also three Field Outlines to choose from:
Step 7: Under Template, you can see your page's current template. Your Template was established during the early stages of setup, however, if you wish to change your page's template you can do that here by selecting Change Template.
The Theme is set once and then applied across all of the pages associated with your Donation Page!
Customizing Your Donation Pages
There are three different pages associated with your Donation Page:
- Donation Page
- Thank You Page
- Campaign Ended Page
You are able to customize each page by selecting the Pages icon located in the upper left-hand corner.
Customizing the Donation Page
Step 1: After selecting the Pages icon, select Donation Page, then select the Content icon.
Step 2: Establish your page's high-level settings. Under Donation Page, you are able to edit the following:
- Donation Heading: Edit the title of your Donation Page
- Donation Amount
- Invite donors to pay the processing fee
- Implement a minimum donation amount
- Enable recurring donations
- Set custom giving amounts
- Quick Tips!!
- “Allow recurring donations” must be enabled to use custom amounts for monthly donations.
- When editing custom amounts, our system will always reorder the amounts to be lowest to highest.
- If you want to enable only one, two or three suggested amounts, click on Remove beside the amounts you don't need, then click Save.
- Custom amount descriptions are the same for One-Time and Monthly donations.
- Custom amounts cannot be set lower than the minimum amount (if applicable).
- Minimum amount cannot be set lower than the lowest custom amount (if applicable).
- Tribute Giving: Allow your donors to give donations in honor or in memory of an individual
- Donor Information: Decide what information you want to capture from your donors such as title, middle name, address line 2, etc.
- Contact Information: Here you can enable Phone Number to prompt your donors to provide their telephone number.
- Permission Questions: Here you are able to view the Permission Questions.
Please note that you are not able to edit or customize these questions.
- Matching Gifts: Maximize your revenue by allowing donors to indicate that their donations are eligible for a company match!
- Custom Questions: In this area, you are able to create a new question, edit an existing question, remove, or delete a question that has never been answered.
- You are able to choose from a variety of question types:
- Multilist (Multiple Checkboxes can be selected)
- Checkbox (Single Checkbox)
- Radio Button
- Date (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Dropdown List
- Text Box (for answers that are a only a few words)
- Text Area (for answers that might be a few sentences)
- You are able to choose from a variety of question types:
- Once a custom question has been added it will appear on the Donation Page and can be answered by donors.
- Answers are captured in your Page's Donation Report and Giftworks Cloud donation details.
- If you need to edit or remove a question, click on the Custom Questions section, then click on the Edit icon. Please note that if you are editing or removing a question that donors have already answered, it may cause reporting inaccuracies.
- Payment Information : Edit the title of your Payment Information section
After you have moved through this section you have built the bones of your Donation Page and established your high-level settings.
You are able to rearrange the layout of your page by dragging and dropping the sections into the order of your choice.
Step 3: Further customize the look and feel of your Donation Page by adding additional content elements.
Depending on what Template you chose, Left or Right Column editing may be enabled. To add content to your columns select the drop-down next to the Right or Left Column section.
By selecting you will have the option to add the following content:
- Text: Click directly on the page to add your verbiage. You can also implement a background color.
- Image Gallery: Add images to your column by selecting the Add Images option. You are able to add a title to your image by selecting the Settings Wheel next to the image of your choice. In this area, you can optionally change the background color that displays behind your images.
- Sponsors: Upload your sponsor's logo and optionally associate a link with their logo image. You can also implement a background color for this content element.
- Fundraising Progress: Display a Progress Bar on your page by enabling this feature. This will display your fundraising goal to your supporters. In this area, you also have the ability to customize the color of your Progress Bar and the background color.
- Video: Upload a video to your page by pasting your YouTube or Vimeo video URL into this area.
- Social Share: Add a Social Share Widget to allow your supporters to further their support of your organization by sharing their contributions to their own personal Twitter and Facebook social media pages.
Click anywhere inside your social share content to edit what you want it to say and click Save in the upper right corner of the Event Builder to save your edits.
Step 4: Add additional Sections to your page by selecting
You will then have the ability to add Text, Images, upload your Sponsor logos, enable the Fundraising Progress Bar, upload a Video, or enable the Social Share Widget.
Be sure to save your changes by selecting the Save button located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
Customizing the Thank You & Campaign Ended Pages
Step 1: Choose which page you would like to customize.
To customize your Thank You page, select the Pages icon, select Thank You, then select the Content icon.
To customize your Campaign Ended page, select the Pages icon, select Campaign Ended, then select the Content icon.
Step 2: Click right on the page to make edits in real-time. Use the toolbar to customize the look and feel of your page.
Step 3: To add content to your Thank You page or Campaign Ended page select .
You will then be prompted to add Text, Images, upload your Sponsor logos, enable the Fundraising Progress Bar, upload a Video, or enable the Social Share Widget.
Step 4: Be sure to save your changes by selecting the Save button located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
Sharing Your Donation Page
After you have finished customizing your page it is now time to Publish and Share your page.
Step 1: Publish your page by selecting the Publish button in the upper right-hand corner. Take time to review the live page and make a $1 donation to test it all the way through. Go back to the Event Builder and make any changes.
Step 2: To share your page select the option to Share located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- You will see the option to share to Facebook or Twitter or copy the link to your Donation Page.
- You can link your donation page to your organization’s website by adding the donation page link to any Donate button CTA. Simply copy the donation page URL and provide it to your webmaster.
Reporting and Best Practices
To pull the Donation Report for your page select your Donation Page from the Active Projects list and select Donations.
You will then be able to see all of the donors that donated through your page.
To view more detailed information about your donors in addition to answers to custom questions select the option to Export your report. For more information on reporting and how to manage your donors, click here.
Helpful Information! If you need to issue a refund to one of your supporters, please submit a refund request HERE. Be sure to provide us with the email address of the individual who made the transaction, the transaction amount, and the transaction date. This article outlines our refund policy and procedures for transactions made via FGF.
To edit the high-level settings of your Donation Page after you've published it select your page from the Active Projects List. You will be directed to the Details page where you can edit your Project Name, Description, Page End Date, Fundraising Goal, Donor Message, and Matching Gift Message.
You are able to edit your page anytime throughout your fundraising! For more information on how to edit your page, please click here.
By inputting verbiage into the Donor Message and Matching Gift Message fields, you will be adding custom text to the automatic Donation Confirmation email sent to your donors after they have made a donation through your page.
Please note that the Matching Gift Message will only be sent if you have enabled this feature and your donor has indicated that their donation is eligible for a company match.