Create additional fields to collect information from donors or purchasers. Use this feature to add various types of survey questions, corporate affiliation, or fields to capture tribute or in memoriam information.
To set up a User Defined Field, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the User Defined Fields tab from the left menu.
- Click on the button Create New User Defined Field.
Fill out the appropriate fields:
- Beside Field Name, type a name for the new field. Choose a name that will help you remember what the question is, in case you want to change it later. (If you don’t type a meaningful name, you won’t be able to find the field again.)
- Beside Description, type a description of the field. (Optional)
- Beside Type, choose how the person will answer – options include selecting a checkbox, selecting a date, choosing from a dropdown list, selecting a radio button, or by typing freeform into a single line or multiple line input box.
- Beside Data Transfer ID, type a unique identifier for this question that will appear in your reporting. (We suggest that you use whatever you typed in the Field Name)
- Beside Mandatory, choose Yesif you require the person to answer this question, or No if the question is optional.
- Beside Capture on Pages, click to make a check mark beside each page you want the question to appear on.
- Beside Question, type the question exactly as registrants or donors will see it.
If the answers will be in a dropdown menu or they are radio buttons, there are some additional steps:
- Below Order, type the order in which this answer should appear. (e.g., 1 appears first, 2 appears second, etc.)
- Below Answer Text, type the text of the answers as registrants or donors will see them.
- Below Opt-in, click to put a check mark in the box if you want this answer to be selected by default (“opted in”). This only applies to check boxes.
- Below Data Transfer ID, type a unique identifier (Export ID) for this answer.
- If you want to add a follow-up question if people choose a certain answer, click Add sub itemand repeat the same process. Example: A question asks whether registrants would like a T-shirt. If they answer Yes, you could create a sub item to ask the size.
Publish UDF Answers: Choose if you wish to have UDF answers displayed on Personal or Team pages.
Tip: The Hide column allows you to hide one of the answers from appearing in the list without deleting it.