Quick Sale is a simple way for you to capture 100% of the financial transactions at your event. Regardless of whether they are cash, check, or credit card payments, you can capture and process them using Quick Sale. To learn more about the Quick Sale feature, please see the following article: What is Quick Sale?
How to Create a Quick Sale
(written instructions below)
- Go to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Quick Sales
- Click on Create Quick Sale.
- On the following page, enter in the following:
- The Quick Sale item name.
- The purchase amount.
- The person's name. Select them from the list of possible registered bidders that appear.
- If the person isn't registered, click on the Add A New Bidder button instead to add them.
- Once a bidder is selected, you can select their payment type.
- Click Create Quick Sale.
How to Process Quick sales:
Once the Quick Sale is created, you can process it by going to Close Out > Process Payments. The quick sale will automatically direct the sale to the process payment queue to complete and charge the sale. Navigate to the Purchaser and click the Process button.
To provide a Bidder Receipt:
Navigate to Close Out > Event Bidders > Bidder Receipts.
You can generate a receipt after the purchase has completed. Note that the bidder does not receive the winning bidder email as an item is not being awarded.
*Don't See this Option?
In order to create Quick Sales you must check the following:
- You must confirm your payment processor and billing information.
You can do this under Close out > Get Ready > Confirm Payment Processor.
- An Organization’s ability to create new Quick Sales in an auction is disabled once they’re 30 days past either the Online Close or the Live Event Close OR more than 30 days before Online Open.
- If the above statements have been completed, and the create quick sale button is still missing, please submit a request to support. Make sure to include the name of your Org and Auction in your email.
How to Add Preset Quick Sales in Advance
You are able to create Quick Sale items to sell at your Live Event in advance.
- Go to Close Out > Get Ready > Quick Sale Items in the Get Ready Column.
- Select Create Quick Sale.
Name your Quick Sale item and enter the amount for which you are selling the item. Enter any tax or shipping if need be. Then select Save Quick Sale Item.
When you are ready to award your quick sale, go to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Quick Sales in the Close Your Auction column. On the following screen, select Create Quick Sale.
- When you put your cursor in the Name of the Quick Sale field, a drop-down menu will appear for you to select the Quick Sales you created in advance. Select the Quick Sale you would like to sell and the amount, tax, and shipping that for that Quick Sale item will populate.
- Begin to type the name of the bidder purchasing the Quick Sale item. The system will search for them, and you can select their name from the list of possible registered bidders that appear.
- If the person isn't registered, click on the Add A New Bidder button to add them. Once a bidder is selected, you can select their payment type.
- Once the Quick Sale is created, you can process it by going to Close Out > Process Payments. Please see the following article for those steps: How to process Quick Sale purchases.