With all the technology and social media outlets out there, it is easy to spread the word about your BiddingForGood auction.
Know Your Auction URL:
Your Auction URL can be found anytime under Event > Set Up > Switch Active Event. This provides a cleaner URL and is easier to post.
Unlike email, where you have to space out the frequency of your communication, with social media you can promote as often as you like.
You can find your link to your auction under Event > switch active event.
- Facebook: Post the link to your auction on your organization's page. Ask your friends, family and coworkers to share on their pages as well.
- Twitter: Use your personal and your organization's Twitter accounts to let people know about the fundraiser. Use Twitter to update your community when you have an exciting new item or an update to your event. Ask everyone you know to retweet so more and more people can see what is happening with your auction.
- Don't forget other networks: Use LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, blogs and any other media sites that you and your organization use to promote and advertise your auction. Post pictures of items to generate more interest.
What BiddingForGood offers
Throughout the pages of your auction there are ways to promote.
- "Share" page links: On every page we have buttons for people to share the page via email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other popular sites.
- "Refer Friends" button: Encourage your community to refer as many friends as possible. Hold a contest and whomever refers the most gets a prize.
Add something to your daily routine
Incorporate promoting your auction into your everyday activities.
- Add the auction URL to your website: Add a link to your auction homepage to your organization's web page. If people forget the auction URL this is the place they will first check.
- Your email signature: Add the auction URL with a note like "Check out our auction!" in your email signature so that everyone you communicate with will learn about the fundraiser.
- Add an announcement to your phone's opening message: When people call your organization they often hear a menu of different departments or people they can speak with. Before going into those options mention your auction and the URL.
- Send text messages: Shoot your friends a text message with your auction's URL. With smartphones, friends can easily click on the URL from their phone and head directly to your auction's homepage and browse your catalog.
With how far we have come with technology, don't forget the classic ways of promotion.
- Contact local media: Reach out to your local newspaper and radio stations to see if you could work out a sponsorship for them to advertise the auction in return for you advertising them on your auction homepage.
- Have flyers: Promote throughout your community with flyers. You can add a QR code that we provide so people can scan to go directly to your auction on their smartphone. You can get templates for flyers in Microsoft Word.
- Mention in newsletters and regular mailings: Post information about your auction in Organization/Community/Church newsletters, whether in print or email. Also include a link in any regular mailings that you already have scheduled.