We recommend contacting the second place Bidder first to make sure they are still interested in the item for the amount that they last bid once the auction item has closed. You can find this information under the reports tab>bid history, this report provides the down-to-the-second breakdown of the bidders bid time for each item.
You can also find their contact information by looking at the bid history of the item and looking up the username either in the Reports > Registered Users Report.
A.) What to do if the item was already awarded to the first place winner:
The item will need to be reopened. If you haven't already confirmed/processed the purchase, you can reopen the purchase by going to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Process Payments and click on view purchases. Then choose Reopen. That will move the item back to Award Items.
Continue to step B once the item has been reopened.
B.) If the item has not been awarded and needs to be awarded to another bidder:
Close Out > Close Your Auction > Award Items
- Click on Payment & Email Details link by the item.
- Select Online Winner drop down menu to select the second place bidder. Their high bid will automatically populate in the Amount field.
- Add shipping and/or tax if needed and click Award.
C:) If you've already confirmed/processed the purchase, please see this help article on how to proceed with a Refund.
D.) If this is a buy it now item, and the auction is closed:
Close Out > Award Items:
- Click on Payment & Email Details link by the item. (same as Step B)
- Choose type of winner to online (if available) or offline. If online, bidder info will be included and you can award and process as normal.
- If offline, Enter the bidder information and card to charge them. You might want to choose offline in the case of assigning the buy it now item to another winner.
- With an offline sale you have the option to choose the type of payment received, if your organization received cash for the buy now item it can be associated with that payment type when awarding.
- Be sure to update the total amount for the buy now item after updating the Type/Winner/Payment. This has to be done in order for the buy now item to be awarded after the adjustments are made.
E.) If this is a buy it now item, and the auction is open:
The buy now item can be awarded and processed like a normal item during closeout once the purchase has been made, or your organization can choose to wait on processing the payment for the buy now item until the end of the auction so the bidder can be charged all at once as opposed to multiple charges for each sale type.
If the auction is closed and items have been awarded and the winning bidder needs to be adjusted please contact our support team by clicking submit a request above and include the following information:
- The name of your Organization And Auction
- The item/ticket Information and item number
- The winners name
We can then remove the award and release it back into the auction for you.