If someone's gmail account is not working with GiftWorks email configuration, use one or both of the solutions below. This is assuming their SMTP settings and gmail credentials are correct.
- Sign into the gmail account
- In the upper right corner click the colored circle with the account holder's first initial and select “My Account”
- Under Sign-in & security click “Device activity & notifications”
- Under “Recently used devices” you should unblock or allow GiftWorks
*If you do not see GiftWorks listed under devices, refer to Solution 2.
- Still under "My Account" > "Device activity & notifications" from solution 1, scroll down to the next section named "Connected apps & sites"
You should then see the option to “Allow less secure apps” and switch the option to “ON”.
The gmail account in question should now successfully configure with GiftWorks.
Article is closed for comments.