Before you import, if you have used the Auction Manager before, all donors from past auctions are automatically carried over to your current auction. They can be edited or updated as needed under Donors > View Donors/Sponsors.
Use these resources to import your donors into the Auction Manager:
- Donor Import Template - This CSV file includes all of the required and optional columns for a successful donor import.
- Import Formatting Guidelines - The Formatting Guidelines include column definitions for the Donor Import Template, which explains what fields are required versus what is optional.
How to Import Donors
- Go to Donors > Import Donors
- Use our formatting guidelines above to create your CSV import file. The only required field is Donor Name.
- Select Choose File to select your file
- Click Import Donor Information.
- On the next page, click Complete Import
- After you have imported your donors you can assign them to items you have already added by clicking the Items tab > Published Items or Draft Items
- Click on the Donors link next to the auction item.
- Type the donor's name in the Search Donors field and select their name from the menu that appears.
- Click the Add to List link.
- Once you've added a donor, you can also enter in a brief description of their donation in the Donation Description field and the value of their donation in the Value field (if it's different from what's already been entered for the item or package). This information will appear in the Item Donor Report and also be included the Donor Thank You letters/emails.
- If you have more donors, repeat steps 3-5. You can list an unlimited number of donors
- If there are multiple donors for this auction item, you can rearrange the order of appearance by dragging and dropping the donors in the order you'd like them to appear
- Click the Save Changes button to save your work
Article is closed for comments.