Artez January 2024: Release Notes
- 10pm-2am EST
- Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Australia & New Zealand:
- 2am-6am AEDT
- Wednesday, January 31, 2024
As part of our commitment to continuously update and enhance our Fundraising system, we recently made the following enhancements to the Artez Application:
- Event/Campaign template - Remove the confirmation page from the donation process.
- Event/Campaign template - Ability to display self-donations on top for fundraisers.
- Updates on the API – Retrieve the offline donation received.
Event/Campaign template - Remove the confirmation page from the donation process.
The confirmation page was removed from the donation process to expedite the donation and avoid giving an extra step to the donor in his process of paying for the donation.
- Simplify the donation process.
- Improve the User Experience
To streamline the donation process for donors, we will be removing the donation confirmation page:
- Current donation workflow: Donation page (donation and payment details) --> Donation Confirmation page (confirm all details, ReCaptcha, and submit) --> Donation Thank You page (process and confirm donation)
- New donation workflow: Donation page (donation and payment info, ReCaptcha, and submit) --> Donation Thank You page (process and confirm donation)
- The confirmation page was removed from the following templates:
- Tribute (older versions without Single Page Layout enabled in Settings)
- Direct Donation
- Personal Event Template
- The captcha is in the donation form page below the payment, once the donor clicks on the “Donate” Button we will process the payment.
- The option for a donor to request a tax receipt if their donation is less than the minimum amount will not be available moving forward. Tax receipts can still be pushed out in Relationships if a donor requests one.
- Monthly plan information will not show for monthly donors if this setting is enabled. This information can be shared via keywords in the Monthly Thank You emails.
Event/Campaign template -Ability to display self-donations on top for fundraisers.
As a participant, I would like to flag my self-donation to appear on top to be easy to spot for my friends that I’m also making big donations to myself.
- New feature
- Additional customization
A self-sponsored donation is a donation that can be made at the same time when registering or later in the Fundraising hub after the registrant logs in. It is a donation made by the registrant. The participant can log to the Fundraising Hub and enable this feature under “My Fundraising”. Here are some considerations:
- Create a check box to offer the possibility to flag self-donations on top in the fundraising hub. If enabled, the self-donations shall be displayed on top. Self-donations will appear in descending order by date, where the newest donation shall be on top.
- If there is more than oneself sponsored donation, they all should be listed first, sorted by date in descending order, followed by solicited donations sorted by date in descending order.
Examples of the new setting on the Fundraising Hub
Updates on the API – Retrieve the offline donation received.
The API was updated to post a registrant’s timelines the offline donations.
- Improve the API
To retrieve details plus the offline donations for a registrant when calling the API we need to include a new optional parameter “includeOffline” as true, here's an example: https://[URL]/api/Registrations/[REGISTRATIONID]/donations?includeOffline=true
- Added a new Keyword for Team Registration Fee on the custom emails.
- Fixed issue on P2P for sending the Tax receipts for Organizational donations.
- Fixed issue with the API on the Get Locations timing out.
- Removed extra space between the Donor Name and Amount Permissions on the Solicited to Individual/Solicited to Team Donation Pages for P2P.