To begin you will need to sign in to your account.
How to Create an Auction
Step1: Select the Create Project button.
Step 2: Select which project type you would like to create. Select the Create Auction button.
Step 3: Enter the Auction Name for which you want your Auction to be called.
- This name is seen by anyone (public and internal) who is accessing your auction and will also be seen in the top left-hand corner of auction manager when working within it.
- You can change your auction name at a later date if you wish.
Step 4: Set your online auction dates.
- You can always change this later if needed.
- You can change your online auction dates provided the end date has not passed. If the online auction end date has passed, the auction dates cannot be changed.
Step 5: Choose your timezone.
- Make sure this is correct.
- Look at the list completely before making your selection. You can change this later if needed.
Step 6: Decide if you want to have your auction be part of the BiddingForGood Bidder Community.
- Click the learn more link for more information.
- For the most part, you would want this checked as it makes your auction public and available on BFG main website. If this is not checked, your auction is only available to people with the direct link to your auction.
Step 7: If you are having a Live Event / Gala check the box next to Yes, I am having a live event and enter the date and time of your live event. These details can be edited under Event > Live Event dates once you have created your auction.
- If this Live Event box is not checked, you will not be able to Add a Live Event yourself later and must submit a request with our support team to get the Live Event added. Please include the dates, times, and Organization information in your request.
Step 8: If you would like to copy over features from one of your past auctions, use the pull-down menu under Copy over features from auction: to select the auction from which to copy the past features.
Step 9: If you would like to copy over all Closed – Not Sold items from one of your past auctions, use the pull-down menu under Copy over all Closed - Not Sold items from auction: to select the auction from which to copy Closed – Not Sold items.
- These items will appear in your new auction under Items> Draft Items for further editing.
Step 10: At the bottom of the page, select Create New Auction.
After you have created your new auction, you can opt to copy additional material:
- Copy a Homepage, Items, and Emails from Previous Auctions
- For a list of data that is automatically copied over from auction to auction, please see What Information is Carried Over Auction to Auction (Year to Year)? This article includes information about Donors and Sponsors, Team Members, Email Messages and Email Lists.
Know someone who would benefit from online fundraising tools?
When you help us bring them into the Help Good Happen family, we’ll make a donation to your cause!
Help good happen. Claim your referral bonus here.
Article is closed for comments.