- Registration - Adding Content to the Contact Information section
- Registration - Adding Content to the Checkout section
- Donation - Adding Content to the Donation Form section
- Donation - Adding Content to the Thank You section
Adding Content to the Contact Information section of the Registration Page
Step 1: Click on the Pages tab in the Event Builder, navigate to the Registration options, then click on Contact Information from the drop-down.
Step 2: Then click on the Content icon in the left menu, then the Contact Information drop-down to add an additional address field, phone number field, confirm email address and emergency contact information.
Step 3: Click on the Fundraising section to turn on the option to allow registrants to set a fundraising goal, have their name show in the search results and on leaderboards, and create a fundraising page.
Step 4: Click on the Custom Questions section to gather additional information from registrants like t-shirt sizes or date of birth.
Step 5: Click on Add Question then type in the text of your question and choose your question type from a list of pre-populated options.
- For more information on question types and how to add custom questions please refer to our Adding Custom Questions article.
Step 6: Click Save.
Adding Content to the Check Out section of the Registration Page
Step 1: Click on the Pages tab to navigate to the Registration pages and click on Checkout.
Step 2: Click on the Content tab to bring up a menu of editable items like donating to participant's own fundraising goal, having their name displayed in the donor listing, having their donation amount displayed, and the option to allow registrants to cover processing fees for registration fees.
- Helpful Tip! Turning on the ability for registrants to cover their registration fees has been proven to help organizations raise significantly more.
Step 3: Click Save.
Adding Content to the Donation Form section of the Donation Page
Step 1: Click on the Pages tab to navigate to the Donation drop-down menu then click on Donation Form.
- This will bring up three page options for different donation types: Direct Donation, Solicited to Individual, and Solicited to Team. (Note: the process to update each of these pages is the same. )
Step 2: Click on the Direct Donation page and then click on the Content tab to bring up a menu of options for customizing that page.
Step 3: Click on the drop down menu for Donation Amount to allow donors to cover the processing fees, turn on minimum donation amounts, and enable suggested donation amounts.
- When you enable suggested donation amounts, click on Add suggested amounts to add amounts and descriptions. Then click Save.
- Helpful Tip! Descriptions of suggested donation amounts encourage your supporters to give more. For example, if you are a pet rescue organization, your description might say your donation of $20 makes sure 5 shelter animals can eat for a month, or $200 pays for an animal to be spayed or neutered. Research shows that donors are encouraged to give more when they know how donations are specifically benefiting your cause.
Step 4: Click on the Donor Information tab to choose whether to ask donors for their Title, Middle Name, Last Name, or a second Address Line.
- You can also check the box beside Require Last Name if you want to make sure Donors include their last name on the form.
Step 5: Click on Contact Information to bring up a list of options you can toggle on or off including:
- Cell Phone Number
- Confirm Email Address
- Permission Questions
- Email Permission
- Mail/Post Permission
- Phone Permission
- If the Contact Information options are enabled, they will appear on your Donation Form as seen in the following screenshot.
Step 6: Click on Custom Questions then click Add Question.
- You can choose from a list of existing questions that you previously created or click on Create New Question.
- From there you can type in the text of your question and choose your question type from a list of pre-populated options.
- For more information on question types and how to add custom questions please click here.
Step 7: Click on the Matching Gifts dropdown menu to allow donors to enter their employer’s name and use our HEP Data integrated database of over 20,000 North American employers to see if their company offers matching gifts.
Step 8: Go back to the Page tab to click on the Solicited to Individual, and Solicited to Team pages to enable the same features on those pages as well.
Step 9: Click Save.
Adding Content to the Thank You section of the Donation Page
Step 1: Click on the Pages tab, click on the Donation drop-down and then click on Thank You.
- This will bring up three page options for different donation types: Direct Donation, Solicited to Individual, and Solicited to Team. (Note: the process to update each of these pages is the same.)
Step 2: Click on the Direct Donation page to customize the page.
Step 3: Click on the Add Content button to add text, videos, images, sponsors, or social sharing.
Step 4: Click on the color picker circle beside Background Color to choose a color in the spectrum or to enter a specific hex or RGB code.
Step 5: Click directly into each content block to add the text you would like to appear as well as to customize your font, style, color and size.
Step 6: Click on Video in the drop-down menu, add your YouTube or Vimeo video URL then click Add.
Step 7: Click on Single Image or Image Gallery in the drop-down menu. Then click on Add Image to upload an image or images from your files.
- You can also add an internal Title for your image and select a background color.
Step 8: Click on Sponsors from the drop-down menu and then click on Add Sponsor to upload sponsor images from your files.
- You can also choose how you want your sponsor listing aligned by clicking on the alignment drop-down menu and choosing from center, left, or right alignment.
Step 9: Click on Social Share and then Add to add a Social Sharing block to the page.
- Enabling this feature will add a Social Sharing content block to your Thank You page with Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing options embedded. You can click in the content boxes in the Social Sharing section to customize the message. Click here to get more information on how to manage your social sharing options.
Step 10: To add additional content, click on Add Section and then click on Add Content beneath the new section you have added.
Step 11: Click Save.