You can use Panorama’s peer-to-peer functionality for your grassroots fundraising needs. Create a branded page that will act as your landing page to direct supports to, in order to allow them to create their own DIY fundraising or grassroots personal fundraising page to share with friends and family.
How to Configure Panorama Peer-to-Peer for Grassroots Fundraising
Step 1: After signing in select Create Project
Step 2: Select Create Event on the Peer to Peer Event icon.
- This will take you to your Event Details page where you will set your event name, event URL, event start, and end date.
Step 3: You will be prompted to enter your Event Details
- Event Name: We suggest using "Create Your Own Fundraiser"
- Project URL: This will pre-populate with your Event Name however, you can customize this if you choose.
- Multi-Day Event: Check this box to implement a start and end date
- Start Date & End Date: If you would like this page to be open indefinitely, ensure you set an end date to a year in the future (ex: 2035).
- Event Location: You’ll have the option of hiding this information on your event page. If you do not have a set location, we recommend you use the term “Anywhere” or “Your hometown”.
- Event Contact: We suggest putting your general office contact information here or if you have a team member dedicated to fundraising, enter their information here.
Step 4: Add your Fundraising Information
- Set a Fundraising Goal & Donation Deadline. Again, you’ll have the option of hiding the goal on your event page and we encourage you to set the donation deadline to your event end date.
- Leave all additional fundraising options toggled off.
Step 5: Set your Participant Types and Registration Options
- Participant Type Name: We suggest using “Create your page” or “I want to do grassroots fundraising” and set the Price and Fundraising Minimum to $0.
- Registration Open and Close Dates: Should also reflect your Event Start and End Dates.
- Leave all additional Participant Options toggled off.
Step 6: Click Save and you’re ready to start customizing your event!
Step 7: You will be directed to the Event Builder where you can start implementing your branding and establishing a theme. Before jumping in familiarize yourself with the Event Builder and how to navigate between pages.
Step 8: Set your Event Theme and Design
Make sure to save your work along the way, and you can navigate back to your Panorama home page or event page by using the breadcrumbs links on the upper left corner of the Event Builder.
Step 9: Add your Event Content and customize your page layout
With this, there are a few very important key items which you will want to customize in order to convert your peer-to-peer event page to a user friendly landing page for your grassroots fundraising.
- Edit the Registration Button text to “Start Fundraising” or “Create Your Page”. This can be customized by simply clicking into the text area on the button.
- Ensure that your Event Description is very clear that this page is for your supporters to do DIY Fundraising. Provide your supporters with clear instructions on how to create their own grassroots fundraising page
Step 10: Review all pages to ensure that verbiage throughout the user experience fits with your grassroots theme. For example, replacing words like “Registrant” and “Register” with “Fundraiser’ and “Create your Page”. You can edit the verbiage by clicking directly on the page.
Step 11: Update your Sharing and Tracking Details
We suggest using verbiage that fits or spreads your organization's mission to encourage others to create a grassroots fundraising page.
Step 12: Update your Email Templates to fit your grassroots theme
We suggest toggling off the Recruit Team Members and Thank Team Donors emails and customizing the following email templates to fit your grassroots fundraising:
- Thank You - Donation Receipt
- Registration Confirmation
- Recruit Friends
- Thank Individual Donors
- Ask for Donations
Helpful Tip! Set your fundraisers up for success by passing off the Fundraiser and Participant FAQ center in the Registration Confirmation email.
Step 12: Publish your event!
You can publish and unpublish your event from the event editor by clicking on the Publish/Unpublish button located beside the Save button.
- A published event will be available to the public.
- An unpublished event will not be available to the public and will display the Event Closed page.
- You can also Publish, View the Live Page or Delete the Event from the Details Tab.
- Note: An event can only be deleted if there are no registrations or donations made to the event. If there is activity in the event, we recommend unpublishing the event.
Tips and Best Practices
Familiarize yourself with the Participant Experience:
- How Participants and Teams Register for the Event
- How Participants Add and Edit Content in the Fundraising Hub
- How Participants Update Their Account Profile
- How Participants Send Emails
- How Participants Use Fundraising Coaching Tips
- How Participants Share Their Page on Social Media
Learn how to Manage Your Event:
- How to Manage Your Event Dashboard
- How to Manage Event Details
- How to View and Manage Panorama Peer to Peer Event Reporting
- How to add Offline Donations
- How to Manage your Organization’s Profile in Panorama
Opt in to receiving your funds via EFT or Direct Deposit.