Auction Manager allows you to create items that have a quantity and can be sold at a flat price. Please make note that Buy Now items are only available for selling in the online Auction.
How to Create a Buy Now Item
- Go to Items > Create Items
- In the Pricing Details, use the drop-down menu under 'What kind of bidding would you like for this item?' to select Buy Now Only.
- The section will refresh and you'll be able to enter in the Estimated Value, the Buy Now price, and the quantity available for purchase
- Complete the rest of the form normally
Other Ways to Use Buy Now
Raffle Tickets and Fund-A-Need items are a great way for organizations especially schools to raise money. They are set up as an alternative to just straight cash donations. What makes them different and a more effective way of raising money is that you are telling people what exactly their money is going towards.
Here are some examples of Fund-A-Need items:
Fund-A-Need: A Printer for the Fourth Grade Computer Lab
Description: Help the fourth graders get a new printer for their computer lab. The printer is needed to help the students learn the computer and technology skills that they will need throughout their educational careers and beyond.
Fund-A-Need: Buy Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers
Description: Help the John Smith Conservatory Theatre put on their Spring Production of The Wizard of Oz by helping us purchase props. Help Dorothy shine by buying her iconic Ruby Slippers.
Fund-A-Need: Back to School Supplies for a Student
Description: For each $25 given you will supply a second grade student with what they need for the school year. They will receive a backpack filled with 2 notebooks, pencils, erasers, colored pencils and pencil case.
These items would be created as Buy Now Only items with a Buy Now Price that you determine and then the quantity would be how many purchases would buy the item. For example:
- Cost of the printer: $150, Buy Now Price: $10, Quantity: 15
- Cost of Ruby Slippers: $40, Buy Now Price: $5, Quantity: 8
- Cost of School Supplies: $25, Buy Now Price: $25, Quantity: How many second graders the school has
Making the Buy Now Price low this will give the opportunity for people to be able to give what they can and still feel like they are making a difference even if it is $5.
Raffle Items will vary depending on your organization, but here are some examples:
Raffle: Disney Vacation for 4
Description: Purchase your tickets for a chance to win 4 round trip tickets to Disney! The winner receives round trip tickets to Disney for 4 and a certificate for accommodations and food.
These items would be created as Buy Now Only items with a Buy Now Price that you determine and then the quantity would be how many tickets you have available for that item. For example:
- Disney Vacation for 4: $600, Buy Now Price: $5, Quantity: 120
- Staycation Basket: $250, Buy Now Price: $10, Quantity: 30
- Movie Night Basket: $50, Buy Now Price: $2, Quantity: 25