How to Create a CSV File
A .csv - or Comma-Separated Value - file, is nothing more than a simplified spreadsheet. To create a .csv file one must have a spreadsheet software such as Microsoft® Excel installed on his/her computer.
To create a .csv file:
- Open your spreadsheet application
- Type your data into the necessary cells
- When you are ready to save your file, go to: File > Save As. In the file name field, use the drop-down menu to select "CSV - comma delimited". Your file will retain your spreadsheet software icon, but be formatted as a .csv file.
How to Create a Zip File
- On your desktop, Open Computer (this PC), and then open the folder in which you want to create the compressed folder. For example, if you want to make a compressed folder in the root folder of drive C, double-click Computer (this PC), and then double-click drive C to open the root folder.
Note If you do not see a Computer (this PC) icon on your desktop, click Start, and then click My Computer (this PC).
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Type a name for the new compressed folder, and then press ENTER. Your new compressed folder is displayed as a folder icon with a zipper. Depending on which folder options that you have set, a .zip file name extension may also appear.
- Right-click (or Ctrl-click) files you want to compress inside Finder and choose Compress Filename. The newly compressed files carry the .zip extension. The archive is created in the same location as the original file and is named originalfilename.zip.
- You can also choose File > Compress. If you compress a lot of files at once, the archive takes the name Archive.zip.
Article is closed for comments.