- The scoreboard is not a default and you need to set it up if you want to enable this function.
- You can have up to six different scoreboards to show top fundraisers with the most donations or the most sponsors.
- You can change the look of your scoreboards by selecting your own fonts and colours, plus you can choose to make scoreboard entries interactive, where users can click on a scoreboard entry for more information.
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Scoreboard section, click Manage
Step 2 Create Permission Questions
Display Text for Permission Question – Enter the permission question your registrants will see. If this is left blank, the question will not appear and by default no permission will be given.
- Top Individuals: requesting permission to publish the registrants own name on the scoreboard.
- Proxy Registrant – Top Individuals: requesting permission to publish the proxy registrants name on the scoreboard. (Register Others)
- Top Teams: requesting permission to publish the teams name on the scoreboard.
- Set opt-in as the default for the scoreboard permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the default to be that permission is given unless the registrant unchecks the box when registering.
Scoreboard Display Name
- If enabled, registrants are asked to type in a Display Name for the scoreboard on the Additional Information page during the initial registration process.
Tip: Administrators may change a Scoreboard Display Name by editing the registrant or donor’s information under the Relationships tab.
Step 3 Enable Scoreboards
Below Field Name, click the name of the scoreboard you want to set up. (A scoreboard is available for individuals and teams for the event as a whole and individuals and teams for each location. You will need to repeat the setup process for each scoreboard you enabled.)
Next, configure your scoreboard settings.
- Beside Display on Start Page, choose Enabled.
- Beside Number of Display Items, choose how many top individuals to show on the scoreboard. You can show up to 100 individuals.
- Beside Fields to Display, click to put a check mark beside the information you want to appear in the scoreboard.
- You can choose the top fundraisers according to the amount raised or by the number of sponsors. Beside Order By, click Verified (includes only donations made online) or Total (includes donations made online and pledged donations) below the heading you want.
- Tip: Up to 100 fundraisers can appear on your scoreboard.
Next, format the layout of the Scoreboard.
- Below Layout, click Basic or Interactive.
If you choose Interactive, users can click a name on the scoreboard to display more information.
- Below Header, if you want to customize the scoreboard header, choose a font and font size, a background colour and text colour. (To choose colours, either click the palette icon or type a hex value in the box to the left of the palette.)
- Below Content, if you want to customize the scoreboard content, choose a font and font size, a background colour and text colour. (To choose colours, either click the palette icon or type a hex value in the box to the left of the palette.
- Beside Enable shaded rows on this scoreboard, select the check box if you want alternate rows on the scoreboard to be shaded for readability. If you select this you will be asked to specify a colour for the shading.
- Beside Display Text for Permission Question, type the text that registrants will see, requesting permission to publish their name on the scoreboard. (Optional) If you entered this on the previous page, any changes you make here will override that.
- Beside Anonymous Text, type what should appear in the list if the registrant does not give permission to publish their name.