Below you will find our most recent resources to use if you are doing a Mobile Bidding Event. We have provided you with videos first and then additional help articles below.
Mobile Bidding capability (the ability to bid through a mobile device, like a smart phone) is already automatically enabled for all online auctions. Anyone who goes to an online auction on their smart phone will be taken to the mobile-optimized version. The following resources are only for those who are using Mobile Bidding for bidding at an actual in-person event.
Assessing Your Venue
- Mobile Venue Selection Checklist (Admins) - Mobile Bidding takes place over an internet connection. Most people will use their phone plan's data, but when you go inside or out in a remote area - the data is less reliable. Also, one carrier's users may have better connection than another's and that does not make for a even playing/bidding field. That is why you want good WiFi available for guests to use so that everyone has the same, secure connection.
Preparing Yourself and Your Team for Mobile Bidding:
- Mobile Bidding Playbook (Admins) - The best resource for any Administrator managing a Mobile Event. Use it to plan from beginning to end.
- 10 Essential Steps for Mobile Bidding Success (Admins) - We suggest you review these 10 steps before your Mobile Bidding Event.
- Mobile Bidding Guide for Volunteers - A must-review for all those working at a Mobile Bidding Event. This is the "owner's manual" for the mobile bidding site with explanations for all the buttons and possibilities.
- Mobile Bidding How-To Handout (Quadrant, 4 to a page)- Have these printed and available at check-in and throughout the silent auction area for quick reference.
- Mobile Bidding How-To (Single Sheet)- Add this page in your program or print it on a poster for display.
- Mobile Bidding How-To Table Tent - Make sure each table has a reference to Mobile Bidding using this Table Tent template.
Readying the Platform and Closing Out:
- Review the Mobile Bidding Event Checklist as well as the Playbook above to make sure everything is set up correctly in your platform.
- Review the Close Out Steps for a Mobile Bidding auction.
Article is closed for comments.