- What is a Leaderboard?
- How to Create a Standard Leaderboard
- How to Create a Paddle Up Leaderboard
- How to Display a Leaderboard at an Event
What is a Leaderboard?
A Leaderboard is a way to display items, bids, and cash donations as a slideshow in real-time during your live event.
There are two types of leaderboards available:
- The Standard Leaderboard is a slideshow of your auction items. It updates in real-time so it reflects the current bids and dollars raised. You can use this leaderboard during the silent auction.
- The Paddle Up Leaderboard is a slideshow that displays only cash donations and dollars raised from cash donations. You can use this leaderboard during the Paddle Raise segment of your event.
Note: You must have a Live Event set up for your auction in order to create a Leaderboard.
To check this:
Go to Event > Live Event > Live Event Dates. Make sure everything appears correct. If the live event is not enabled, please contact support by submitting a request here. In your request indicate that you need the live event component to be enabled and be sure to provide:
- The date and times of your live event
- Name of your Organization
- Auction name
How to Create a Standard Leaderboard
Go to Event > Live Event > Leaderboards and then click Create a Leaderboard to get started.
Here's a list of the features available in the standard leaderboard:
- The General Section allows you to enter in a name for your leaderboard (similar to a document's file name on your computer), choose a color scheme, and choose to display cash donations as they're made
- In the Total Raised section, you can select what to include in the total raised thermometer.
- Title Screen with your auction banner, the organization name, auction name, mobile URL, and 1 sponsor
- Sponsor slide showing up to 4 sponsors
- Organization's Mission Statement slide
- Auction Committee slide where you can acknowledge up to 10 people (can be committee members, sponsors, honorees, etc)
- Item Slides:
- You can choose to show all items, a specific Auction Category, or in a specific Smart Category.
- You can also choose how they're sorted.
- Leading Bids update in real-time
How to Create a Paddle Up Leaderboard
- Go to Event > Leaderboards and click on Create a Paddle Up.
- Enter in a leaderboard name (for your own reference) and select a color scheme.
- Choose whether or not to include donation amounts
- Enter in a Paddle Up Goal
- Click Create Leaderboard
How to Display a Leaderboard at an Event
To display a leaderboard at your event you'll need a laptop with internet access designated to displaying the leaderboard throughout your event.
To view the leaderboard on the laptop, log into the Auction Manager go to
Event > Live Event > Leaderboards
and click on the View link next to the leaderboard you'd like to project. The leaderboard will open in a new window or tab. Before displaying your leaderboard, make sure your browser is in full-screen mode.
To project it, hook up the laptop to a projector or TV.