- What is a Leaderboard?
- How to Create a Standard Leaderboard
- How to Create a Paddle Up Leaderboard
- How to Display a Leaderboard at an Event
What is a Leaderboard?
A Leaderboard is a way to display items, bids, and cash donations as a slideshow in real-time during your live event.
There are two types of leaderboards available:
- The Standard Leaderboard is a slideshow of your auction items. It updates in real-time so it reflects the current bids and dollars raised. You can use this leaderboard during the silent auction.
- The Paddle Up Leaderboard is a slideshow that displays only cash donations and dollars raised from cash donations. You can use this leaderboard during the Paddle Raise segment of your event.
Note: You must have a Live Event set up for your auction in order to create a Leaderboard.
To check this:
Go to Event > Live Event > Live Event Dates. Make sure everything appears correct. If the live event is not enabled, please contact support by submitting a request here. In your request indicate that you need the live event component to be enabled and be sure to provide:
- The date and times of your live event
- Name of your Organization
- Auction name
How to Create a Standard Leaderboard
Go to Event > Live Event > Leaderboards and then click Create a Leaderboard to get started.
Here's a list of the features available in the standard leaderboard:
- The General Section allows you to enter in a name for your leaderboard (similar to a document's file name on your computer), choose a color scheme, and choose to display cash donations as they're made
- In the Total Raised section, you can select what to include in the total raised thermometer.
- Title Screen with your auction banner, the organization name, auction name, mobile URL, and 1 sponsor
- Sponsor slide showing up to 4 sponsors
- Organization's Mission Statement slide
- Auction Committee slide where you can acknowledge up to 10 people (can be committee members, sponsors, honorees, etc.)
- Item Slides:
- You can choose to show all items, a specific Auction Category, or in a specific Smart Category.
- You can also choose how they're sorted.
- Leading Bids update in real-time
How to Create a Paddle Up Leaderboard
- Go to Event > Leaderboards and click on Create a Paddle Up.
- Enter in a leaderboard name (for your own reference) and select a color scheme.
- Choose whether or not to include donation amounts
- Enter in a Paddle Up Goal
- Click Create Leaderboard
Please keep in mind that only donations made through the Donate Now option on your auction homepage will reflect on the Paddle Up Leaderboard. This also includes donations that are made from the Mobile Site.
If you are routing donations made through the Donate Now button on your auction homepage to a donate button outside of Panorama, these donations will not reflect on the leaderboard. Only donations being processed through the Auction Manager will reflect.
For more information on Paddle Up tips and best practices, click here!
How to Display a Leaderboard at an Event
To display a leaderboard at your event you'll need a laptop with internet access designated to displaying the leaderboard throughout your event.
To view the leaderboard on the laptop, log into the Auction Manager go to
Event > Live Event > Leaderboards
and click on the View link next to the leaderboard you'd like to project. The leaderboard will open in a new window or tab. Before displaying your leaderboard, make sure your browser is in full-screen mode.
To project it, hook up the laptop to a projector or TV.
Article is closed for comments.