- What is the Item Donation Feature?
- How to Enable or Disable the Item Donation Feature
- Instructions for Donors Who Donate Items
- How to Approve or Reject a Pending Item Donation
What is the Item Donation feature?
Item donations can complement your auction efforts by allowing others to offer additional items for your auction. This feature is enabled by default.
Utilizing this feature is a great way to eliminate leg work for the auction admin. Send a direct link to the form to your community and let your volunteers know they can submit items they've rounded up from donors through this link as well.
If you are an auction admin and have opted in to receiving auction admin emails, you will receive a notification once someone has donated an item. You can then pull into the Auction Manager and approve, view, or reject the item donation. After approving an item donation it will pull into your Draft Items area, where you can make any edits before publishing.
How to Enable or Disable the Item Donation Feature
To manage this feature go to Event> Web Site> Item Donations:
- Use the check the box labeled Accept Item Donations Online to enable or disable
- Add any custom text you would like the feature to show. This is a great place to provide guidance on the items you are looking for.
- Select Update Item Donation Settings at the bottom of the page to save your changes
- Use the link provided at the top of the Item Donation Feature page to send to your community to solicit item donations.
- As long as your auction is live and you have created and activated a homepage, anyone who you have sent your homepage URL to can view your homepage, and choose the Donate Items Button on the side of the homepage. This will then take them to Item Donation Page and prompt them to fill out a form.
- Please keep in mind those who fill out the Item Donation form to donate an item to your auction will be required to register for a bidder account or sign in to an existing bidder account. If they are creating a new bidder account, they will not be prompted to enter credit card information. However, if they choose to bid upon an item in your auction at a later time, they will be prompted to update their bidder account with credit card information prior to bidding.
Instructions for Donors Who Donate Items
- They will need to navigate to the Item Donation Page by using one of the below links which you will need to provide them with:
- The direct link to the Item Donation Page
- Auction homepage URL > Select the Donate Items link
- Register for a new bidder account or sign in to an existing bidder account
- Complete the form and ensure that all required fields are filled out
- Select Submit!
How to Approve or Reject a Pending Item Donation
If a donor donates an item you'll automatically be notified via email if you are opted in to receiving auction admin emails.
You have the option to approve, view, or reject the item donation. To manage your item donations:
- Go to Items
- Select Donated Items
- Select Approve, View, or Reject
- Once an item is approved, it will automatically move to your Draft Items area. You can make any edits before publishing by going to Items> Draft Items.